Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Food... Glorious Food....Hot Sausage and Mustard...


The Big (m)E - Part II

Well the first 1/3 of my Big E journey went pretty well. Load in went smoothly, the management team and our volunteers are busy and the booth looks great (although traffic flow is a bit tight with some of the recent changes we were asked to make). See our photo gallery and/or "Like" us on Facebook.

My breakfast choices have been very easy. As mentioned in my previous post, I brought my out breakfast muffins, nuts, etc. They hold me over until late afternoon, which is when I was done my "morning" manager's duties and could take a break. So off I go into the abyss of The Big E...

The song Food... Glorious Food, from the Musical "Oliver" plays over and over in my head when walking the ground of The Big E! ASIDE: Oliver was the first of many plays my family and I were involved in back in the late 1960's and into the late 70's. The funny thing about being mindful (thinking) about eating, is that I am having a hard time finding food that I want to take pictures of [meaning that I want to eat them, but have chosen a better alternative]. Although I said I wasn't going to talk about the food I did eat, I do want to say my first stop was to my favorite place to eat at The Big E. The Lyons Club BBQ Chicken. They cook the chickens on a huge BBQ grill and serve it up with salad, corn, a roll, and french fries. YUMMY!


The choices I passed along the way included the best fried dough in the world (sorry Hampton Beach NH with Blinks as a close second). That, of course, would be desert. The main meal could have been a steak bomb sub with cheeze-whiz ooooo...cheeze-whiz (I actually don't like it!)

The second day I passed on Chicken Pitas and/or LONG corn dogs. I don't care for the corn on the "dogs" but like regular 'ole hot dogs.

Day three included a 'walk-by' the Firehouse, a Big E breakfast favorite for many! It was the ice cream sign that caught my stomach's eye...

I am now home, taking a couple of day break from the action. I have found that I've eaten more while at home than on the road... Which is disappointing. I'll be heading back soon and will update the 2/3 soon. Until then here is a list of "Food at the Fair". Let me know where you want me to NOT go next!

No comments:

Post a Comment